6/7 homes in St. Vital 2C sell for less than asking
The St. Vital real estate market covered by Winnipeg MLS Area 2C was rocking over the past week with five residential sales, two condo sales and six new listings! And a plus for buyers was the fact that all five of the homes that sold brought less than their asking prices.
A luxury home on McNulty Crescent sold for $38,800 less than its asking price when it changed hands for $790,000 and it was followed closely by a home on Parkville Drive that sold for $29,000 under list when it closed at $170,000. A home on Arden Avenue sold for $212,500, which was $22,400 less than asking, and homes on Glenlawn Avenue and Millfield Drive sold for $9,400 and $9,900 less than list when they changed hands at $210,500 and $305,000 respectively.
A luxury condo on St. Mary’s Road continued the under-list trend when it sold for $9,000 less than its asking price of $548,000 and finally, a condo on Arden Avenue sold for its list price of $149,000.
It’s crucial to price your home properly when selling, but it becomes even more important when these types of market conditions exist.
The new residential listings in St. Vital MLS Area 2C, which includes the Winnipeg neighbourhoods of Pulberry, Bright Oaks, Elm Park, Normand Park, Norberry, River Pointe and Van Hull Estates, ranged in price from $204,900 for a bungalow on Riel Avenue to $519,900 for a bungalow on Ravine Drive. There are now a total of 17 homes for sale in St. Vital 2C along with eight condominiums.
The combination of ample inventory, cold weather and recent under-list sales might just have created the perfect storm for bargain home shoppers. But that likely won’t last long with spring on the way.
If you’re looking for a home in one of the popular St. Vital 2C neighbourhoods listed here, now would be a good time to start shopping! Need help? Call us at (204) 792-6453.
New homes for sale in St. Vital MLS Area 2C:
- 20 St. Michael Road, $224,900, 2 Storey
- 436 Avalon Road, $299,900, 3-Level Split
- 60 Riel Avenue, $204,900, Bungalow
- 47 Bethray Bay, $549,900, 2 Storey
- 35 Ravine Drive, $519,900, Bungalow
- 315 Riel Avenue, $324,800, Bungalow
Additional residential listings in St. Vital 2C:
- 98 Ravine Drive, $674,900, 2 Storey
- 67 Marine Drive, $949,500, 2 Storey
- 138 Ravine Drive, $474,900, 2 Storey
- 122 Easy Street, $474,900, 2 Storey
- 111 Ravine Drive, $524,900, 2 Storey
- 95 Kingston Row, $499,900, 2 Storey
- 34 Riverhaven Grove, $899,900, Bungalow
- 106 Van Hull Way, $589,900, 2 Storey
- 2 Yachts Cove, $769,000, 2 Storey
- 100 Kingston Row, $249,900, 1 ½ Storey
- 82 Sunset Boulevard, $289,900, 1 ½ Storey
If you would like more information on condos or homes for sale in St. Vital, or would like a complete report on sold prices for any neighbourhood in Winnipeg, please call (204) 792-6453 or send a quick email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Condos for sale in St. Vital MLS Area 2C:
- 61 1677 St. Mary’s Road, Okolita Park Condominium, $449,900, Townhouse
- 112 25 Van Hull Way S, Van Hull Place, $283,500, Apartment
- 314 25 Van Hull Way S, Van Hull Place, $288,900, Apartment
- 16 1679 St. Mary’s Road, Okolita Park Condominium, $365,000, Bungalow
- 24 1670 St. Mary’s Road, The Greenhouse, $179,900, Townhouse
- 26 1679 St. Mary’s Road, Okolita Park Condominium, $359,900, Bungalow
- 5 6 St. Mark’s Place, La Jolie Maison, $289,900, Apartment
- 305 9 Arden Avenue, Willow Wood, $149,900, Apartment
Track the market! Free Automated email service allows you to track the MLS market in real time. Follow the values in any neighborhood in Winnipeg. Find out what your neighbour down the street sold for. Follow MLS listings in real time. Visit our Winnipeg Market Tracker.This information is courtesy of: The Michael Leclerc Home Selling Team
Royal LePage Top Producers
Phone: (204) 792-6453